- I work on the foundations of classical and quantum physics, and am especially interested in the philosophy of QFT and gauge theory. Recently, I have been thinking about the role of category theory in physics, and the philosophical significance of holography in quantum gravity.
- Along with Sanjeev Kulkarni, I am presently developing a research program on the philosophical foundations of risk and finance.
- In March 2013, I co-organized a bijou workshop on Neo-Aristotelian Philosophy of Science with Anna Marmodoro. See here for the program.
I have a broad interest in—and teach—metaphysics, action theory, ethics, and aesthetics. My favorite philosophers are Aristotle, Aquinas, Leibniz, and Kant.
I value collaboration, especially interdisciplinary collaboration: get in touch if you'd like to discuss a possible project.
- Talk on the philosophy of holographic duality at UIC (Slides)
- New paper on the interpretation of gauge symmetry
- Response to Rovelli's "Why Gauge?"
Department of History and Philosophy of Science (affiliated)
0.14, Pavilion F
Center for Mathematical Sciences
Cambridge, CB3 0WA (See map)